Community and Personal Health
- Humans are eating, drinking and breathing plastic and micro-plastic waste (Source)
- Recent studies suggest that we consume the equivalent of a credit-card of micro-plastics each week
- 90% of the water we drink contains micro-plastics (Source)
- 40% of all plastics manufactured are intended for one-time use, yet 91% of it in the US isn't recycled (Source)
Wish-cycling (e.g. trying to recycle a greasy pizza box) results in entire batches of recycling being landfilled
Studies show that toxic, caustic and synthetic compounds found in popular cleaning brands have been linked to cancer and other major diseases
- 18 billion pounds of trash is dumped into our oceans each year (Source)
- Scientists have predicted that by 2050, our oceans will contain more plastic than fish by weight (Source)
- The ocean is littered by over 165 million tons of plastic (Source)
- Animals are eating and drinking our plastic and micro-plastic waste
- 100% of marine turtles, 59% of whales, 40% of seabirds and 36% of seals contain plastics (Source)
- The contamination of micro-plastics will continue as ocean plastic breaks down (Source)
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- Opens in a new window.
- Opens external website in a new window.