Our mission is to make waste reduction accessible to all. We are changing the consumer packaged goods industry by making it easier to reduce and reuse than it is to recycle. We do this by empowering consumers with better, affordable, convenient, and sustainable options. Our success is defined by less plastics entering the waste stream, landfills and waterways.
Our mission is our promise to you and to this planet. We are all in this together.
Accessibility [ak-ses-uh-bil-uh-tee] (noun): The quality of being usable, reachable, obtainable, etc. Synonyms: Convenient, inclusive and affordable.
We know and understand that consumers are busy, overtaxed and tired. Through our expansive network of Trading Posts and Bottle Exchanges, we seek to make our services as convenient and simple as possible.
At times “zero-waste” can feel exclusive and a term only for those at the forefront of sustainable living. We seek to break down this barrier and help more people along their journey towards zero-waste
Many sustainable decisions come with a “Green Premium” and are either more expensive or harder to access. We’re flipping the script and offering discounts to customers making sustainable decisions.
Sustainability [suh-stey-nuh-bil-i-tee] (noun): The quality of not being harmful to the environment or depleting natural resources, and thereby supporting long-term ecological balance.
Consumerism has overtaken sustainability and is in dire need of a correction. Our environments and communities are not in balance and are being overwhelmed by the waste we create.
Sustainability as a consumer is hard and time consuming to measure. Researching every product’s supply chain is exhausting. At Good Filling, we only partner with the most sustainable businesses we can- so you don’t have to worry about your impact.
[əmˈpouərmənt] (noun): authority or power given to someone to do something
Because reducing waste is a universal goal, we seek to empower and enable our communities to make their difference. An individual’s actions aren’t sufficient for overcoming today’s challenges: we need systematic change. What better way to effect change than to empower?
The overwhelming facts about ecological destruction and climate change often have people feeling helpless, confused or unequipped. Our company, our services and our staff are here to help and point you along the path towards change.
Transparency [tran(t)s-ˈper-ən(t)-sē] (noun): a situation in which business activities are done in an open way without secrets, so that people can trust that they are fair and honest
For hundreds of years businesses and corporations have tricked consumers into making unsustainable decisions. They have profited off of distrust, false advertisement and green washing.
Good Filling is an open book. We list all of our manufacturers and partners on our website. If you have a question or comment- just ask (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What it means to #RedefineClean:To #RedefineClean is to simultaneously clean you, your home, your family, your community and the planet. Good Fillers are cleaning using natural, non-toxic and environmentally-friendly ingredients, stored within refillable and recyclable bottles.
As a Good Filler you benefit from:
- A healthier home
- Communities with less plastic waste
- Convenient and safe refill locations
- Less shipping waste
- Savings from avoiding repeat bottle purchases
Why It Matters
Community and Personal Health
- Humans are eating, drinking and breathing plastic and micro-plastic waste (Source)
- Recent studies suggest that we consume the equivalent of a credit-card of micro-plastics each week
- 90% of the water we drink contains micro-plastics (Source)
- 40% of all plastics manufactured are intended for one-time use, yet 91% of it in the US isn't recycled (Source)
- Wish-cycling (e.g. trying to recycle a greasy pizza box) results in entire batches of recycling being landfilled
- Studies show that toxic, caustic and synthetic compounds found in popular cleaning brands have been linked to cancer and other major diseases
- 18 billion pounds of trash is dumped into our oceans each year (Source)
- Scientists have predicted that by 2050, our oceans will contain more plastic than fish by weight (Source)
- The ocean is littered by over 165 million tons of plastic (Source)
- Animals are eating and drinking our plastic and micro-plastic waste
- 100% of marine turtles, 59% of whales, 40% of seabirds and 36% of seals contain plastics (Source)
- The contamination of micro-plastics will continue as ocean plastic breaks down (Source)